To volunteer for the 2017 Tillamook Burn, click the button below, and thank you!
We appreciate our volunteers! If it weren’t for them, the races would not be possible, PERIOD. For many people, volunteering is rewarding in it’s own right and a great way to give back to an amazing running community. For others, it is a way to scout an event and learn about it before participating the following year.
Regardless, we want to support our volunteers and honor their valuable time by offering the following benefits:
- Race t-shirt and post-race food/beverage
- Race credit toward next years race:
- $15 – Volunteer at check-in/raffle/merch tent/event set-up/event tear-down
- $25 – Volunteer at aid station of limited duration
- $50 – Volunteer at aid station of long duration, course sweeping
Here are a few restrictions that help make this policy feasible:
- Credit expires within one year of issuance.
- Credit and race day benefits will only be issued to volunteers who sign up for a task in advance, and fill an assigned role (i.e., no bringing your 8 best friends to runner check-in)
- Credit can only be redeemed during registration via ultrasignup.com, and will not be honored on race day, packet pick-up, or get you around a wait list.
- For safety reasons, course sweeps are limited to one sweeping shift per event and must be fresh at the start of shift (i.e. please, no racing on one day and sweeping the other, or sweeping both races).
- Volunteers must be age 18 and above (or age 16 and above with parent/guardian consent).
- A maximum credit of $50 can be used for any one registration.